My Nanny and our Ava
In my last post about my dear, sweet Nanny, I was TERRIFIED (to put it lightly) about my Nanny moving into her new facility. I was terrified to the point of emailing her new place JUST so they knew how loved she was and remembered to love her double time for her family, even though it is what they do and of course, they will do it well.
My dear Ava has this love affair with her Nanny that I only wish Nanny could remember, but as my Auntie Sherri put it best, sometimes it is nice to be able to just live in the moment, and we should be thankful that Nanny has those joyous moments. I phone Nanny because of my own love affair with her, but I call her as often as I do, because my dear sweet, not-yet-two, daughter asks, and asks, and asks to call her Nanny. And I am SO beyond relieved and thrilled that Nanny seems to be LOVING her new place.
Every time we speak, she raves about her veranda, and how it is so nice that she can go visit with people when she pleases, but that she has a veranda with a nice view where she can sit and enjoy the sun. Every time we speak, she tells me about the the library in the facility, and how nice it is to be able to take out so many books, and every time we speak she tells me about how nice it is that the meals are prepared and all that she has to do is go down and eat, and not have to worry about preparing anything for herself. And, if it is very recent, she tells me about the "outing" she has been on.
We have taken to putting it on speakerphone, because if we don't, we spend the conversation with Ava ripping the phone out of my hands to "show" Nanny the toys she is currently playing with, or to offer Nanny a word or two about what she has done that day.
Last weekend when we called her, Ava had had a jam-packed weekend with her cousins, whom she ADORES, and she was just so excited to tell Nanny about her days. When I told Nanny that we had been to the beach with Christine, Kai, Nico, and Gramma, Ava eagerly offered "Nanny! Yake! Kai!" And when I asked Nanny if she had gotten Ava's painting that we had sent to her, Ava yelled into the phone "Yeyow! Boo!" (The colours in the painting.)
And in each conversation, I am not sure who is more in love, Ava, or her Great Nanny. The inflection in my Nanny's voice as she talks to Ava melts my heart, and brings me to tears as I write and remember. But the fact that my darling daughter ALWAYS wants to phone her Great Nanny, of all the people that she could want to phone, never fails to bring my heart near bursting.
I love you dear, sweet Ava, and I love how you are able to so effortlessly bring the "I love you's" out of your Great Nanny and make her moments joyous.
My dear Ava has this love affair with her Nanny that I only wish Nanny could remember, but as my Auntie Sherri put it best, sometimes it is nice to be able to just live in the moment, and we should be thankful that Nanny has those joyous moments. I phone Nanny because of my own love affair with her, but I call her as often as I do, because my dear sweet, not-yet-two, daughter asks, and asks, and asks to call her Nanny. And I am SO beyond relieved and thrilled that Nanny seems to be LOVING her new place.
Every time we speak, she raves about her veranda, and how it is so nice that she can go visit with people when she pleases, but that she has a veranda with a nice view where she can sit and enjoy the sun. Every time we speak, she tells me about the the library in the facility, and how nice it is to be able to take out so many books, and every time we speak she tells me about how nice it is that the meals are prepared and all that she has to do is go down and eat, and not have to worry about preparing anything for herself. And, if it is very recent, she tells me about the "outing" she has been on.
We have taken to putting it on speakerphone, because if we don't, we spend the conversation with Ava ripping the phone out of my hands to "show" Nanny the toys she is currently playing with, or to offer Nanny a word or two about what she has done that day.
Last weekend when we called her, Ava had had a jam-packed weekend with her cousins, whom she ADORES, and she was just so excited to tell Nanny about her days. When I told Nanny that we had been to the beach with Christine, Kai, Nico, and Gramma, Ava eagerly offered "Nanny! Yake! Kai!" And when I asked Nanny if she had gotten Ava's painting that we had sent to her, Ava yelled into the phone "Yeyow! Boo!" (The colours in the painting.)
And in each conversation, I am not sure who is more in love, Ava, or her Great Nanny. The inflection in my Nanny's voice as she talks to Ava melts my heart, and brings me to tears as I write and remember. But the fact that my darling daughter ALWAYS wants to phone her Great Nanny, of all the people that she could want to phone, never fails to bring my heart near bursting.
I love you dear, sweet Ava, and I love how you are able to so effortlessly bring the "I love you's" out of your Great Nanny and make her moments joyous.
Comments
Post a Comment