To you, with love...

My friend, I am so proud of your Mom, of "our" Mama. I know that you were watching, and I know that you were with her when she caught herself missing you. I know it because even though she did it because you aren't here, the only way she could have done it was because you were RIGHT there. My wonderful baby has started sleeping through the night, and my wonderful husband offered to spend the night alone with her so that I could come out and support/cheer on/ learn from your Mom. She did so well and she has come so, so far. I know that there were likely moments when you were cursing her, for spilling your secrets, but I also know that you would think that going through what you did was an experience that no one else should have to live through. You had such a good heart Mike. Such a good heart, such a sense of humour, and so very much to give. I am feeling a little raw about you tonight. I miss you so much- I miss how easily you made me laugh- often laughing and cringing at the same time. I miss how quickly your name used to come to my lips. Miss Ava arrived, and I feel as though her name is the only one that I speak. I miss the visits with your Mom, Dad and sister, when your name is spoken so quickly, and always with a smile. I miss your hug, and am so blessed that I was raised in a huggy family so that you and I got to share so many hugs. It seems like you have been gone for SO long, all while seeming like you were making me laugh jut yesterday. Stay close my friend. Stay close to all of us. Love you always.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Nanny and our Ava

Whitney Houston

Sarah Burke