What I love About My Girl - at 18 Months

In this picture? You had climbed into your wagon for
the first time. I love that you love climbing.

I love that you yell "HI!" to every person that crosses your path. What I love more? How, if they don't hear you, you yell it louder, and repeatedly, until they do.

I love that you "grab" water with your fingers in the bathtub, and put it where you want it to go. The funniest part? That in all the "grabbing water" fun, you make so many waves that water actually does go where you want it to, so for all that you know, grabbing water works!

I love the way your voice sounds when you wake up in the morning chatting or laughing, so happy to get this day started.

I love the look of pure JOY on your face when you hear or see "keeds!" Big or small, boy or girl, if they are "keeds," you're in.

I love that you have learned the word "no," although I may come to wonder why I ever loved this. You have even learned how to say it with an attitude, that I think is just coincidental? You say it a lot, and shake your head no, even when what you really mean is "yes."
I love how, as I am writing this post at 7:41 pm, when you have now been in your bed for 40 minutes, I can still hear you saying "no" on repeat, in the sweetest little voice. You are trying short no's, long no's, no's that sound like questions, and no's that sound like singing. You are starting to sound like Bubba from Forest Gump.

I love how crazy you have once again become during bath time. You love to lay on your belly making crashing waves with your hands and legs.

I love how you can not only SAY "tradesies," but that you really understand how it works and you offer up something that you have for something that you want.

You were once a clean freak (and are still a little bit this way), but I love how you have learned to either clap your hands clean, or to wipe them on your pants. I even saw you eat food off of your hand the other day, and I couldn't have been more proud.

I love how you crank up the silliness when you have an audience who thinks that you are funny. (I think you're funny too.)

I love how perfect it feels when you reach to take my hand and then won't let go. My favourite is when we set out for a walk, you strutting away all independent-like, and then stopping, as if realizing "Wait! I'm not holding my Mommy or Daddy's hand, grab on guys!" You melt me.

I love how much you love to be outside, and I even find it a little cute that you cry when you have to come in.

I love that you are starting to sing. I know for sure that I have never heard a sweeter sound.

I love that you are learning to say "no" Bailey and Echo. So far, you are a little on the bossy side with them, but you are learning to set boundaries and, for now, I think that's great.

I even love how you are a little pushy with your Sawyer. You will move him out of the way, push right by him, or even sit on him if he happens to be in the spot you would like to be in. You make up for it ten-fold with your excitement at seeing him, your hugs, and how you get right in his face to laugh or giggle.

I love how you have already learned how to stall at bedtime. I know, this will likely make me crazy later on, but for now, it's pretty cute that you have to hug one last teddy, read one last book, or sweep up that one last little bit of dirt.

I LOVE the way you say "LET'S GO!" once you have your coat and shoes on. Tonight, as I was helping you to get a bath, you were yelling for Daddy. I asked you if you wanted Daddy, and you said "YA! Daddy! Let's go!" and then stood up in the tub as Daddy came to get you. You know, and I know, that any time that you ask for Daddy, he will always be there.

I love how you hold your radio right up to your ear to make sure that you don't miss a bit.

I love how you hold your cell phone up to your ear and say "hello?" as though you really are answering the phone and wondering who is on the other end.

I love the way you say "mommy, mommy, mommy" on repeat. I especially love it first thing in the morning, as though you have been waiting all night to see me. Because, you know what? I have been waiting all night to see you too.

I love how much you love the "kunkey" picture that I drew for you. You carry it around as though it were a toy, and say "ee ee, oo oo, aa aa aa."

Do you know what else, Ava? It would seem as though there isn't one single thing that I don't love about you. It seems that way because it's the truth. I love you sweet bean.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Nanny and our Ava

Whitney Houston

Sarah Burke