Our Wee Kindergartener
Well. my sweet girl, you are nearly finished your third week of Kindergarten (your second FULL week) and you are rocking it, or so I think!
You got ready for kindergarten by going for a big back to school shopping day with Mommy, where we also went and got your EARS PIERCED! Whaaaat?! At FOUR years old?! You were so brave about it, but was shocked by the pinch, and cried for just a few seconds. You have made sure to remind everyone in your family, and many strangers you have come across, that you have just gotten your ears pierced. I love how proud you are.
You did your first week of half days and were picked up by Gramma or Grampa at lunchtime and you got to hang out with them in the afternoons.
You have made an instant friend in Eavyn, who you went to daycare in Harrison with just briefly last year. Your few months at the Harrison daycare were very hard for you, mostly, so you didn't really connect with any of the kids. But when you found out Eavyn, a familiar face was not only going to be in your class, but would be sitting at your table with you, you were relieved. The two of you have become fast friends, who probably giggle to much at your tables, and chat too much at the carpet, but you have got each other through the first few weeks of kindergarten.
You have now had two Show and Tells, where you took your carved bunny from Mr.Cross, a picture you made, and a summer phonebook of alllll the cool things you did this summer, and today you got to be the special helper for the first time. You were SO excited to get to circle all the letter N's in the morning message, to take the attendance down to the office and to be the line leader. You said that Eavyn had a very big snile when you chose her to go down to the office with her, and it made you feel good to make her feel good - and that makes your mommy feel proud of you.
Today you had your very first Terry Fox Run, and I am so lucky that I get to be at your school and to see you doing all these cool things, and to see you being happy when you're doing them. I was so lucky to see you getting to be the line leader leading your class down to the assembly, and to see you trying your hardest to warm up with the rest of the school by doing jumping jacks and hops and running on the spot, in a most uncoordinated fashion.
One of my favourite things about you is the way that you soak up information. You are such a good listener because you just want to know things...all of the things that you can. A couple weeks ago you woke up from a nap when I was watching (for the 4th time) The Terry Fox Story, and you were fascinated. So at the assembly, when you saw video clips of Terry Fox running, and talking, and doing interviews, I loved seeing you whisper to the person beside you, knowing that you were telling them everything you knew about Terry Fox.
Your Mommy is trying her VERY best not to come outside and check on you EVERY recess and every lunch, because as your Daddy has reminded me, that is not what is happening with all the other kids. Their moms and dads aren't checking on them CONSTANTLY and they are surviving and thriving, and so will you. So for now, I will peak from around the corner every now and then and hope I see you smiling, and will check in with your teacher from time to time to make sure you are being a good friend, and trying new things, and listening to your teachers and classmates when you should be.
It has been hard for your Mommy to let you go, when all I've every tried to do is hold you as close as I can. It was hard for me when you made a good friend the very first week of school, who invited you over to play on the weekend. You didn't want me to leave for about 1 minute, and I tried to be nothing but proud of you when you asked me to leave.
When I dropped you off at your nature class on Tuesday last week, you didn't want me to leave for about 1 minute. But when I showed up to pick you up, you telling at me infront of your classmates and their parents, 2-3 times, to "go home!" and then pushed me away "jokingly" with two hands so that you could have more space from me. I am such a mixture of bursting with pride because you are independent, and strong, and then I am a ball of mush because part of me wants you to never let go.
You are making friends, wanting space, and even lost your first tooth in the second week of school. Things are going to fast for me, and they are just the right pace for you.
love you darling girl, and wish you happy days, filled with learning, laughter, and good relationships. I hope you get to have adventures in all your moments away from Daddy, Riley, and me.
You got ready for kindergarten by going for a big back to school shopping day with Mommy, where we also went and got your EARS PIERCED! Whaaaat?! At FOUR years old?! You were so brave about it, but was shocked by the pinch, and cried for just a few seconds. You have made sure to remind everyone in your family, and many strangers you have come across, that you have just gotten your ears pierced. I love how proud you are.
You did your first week of half days and were picked up by Gramma or Grampa at lunchtime and you got to hang out with them in the afternoons.
You have made an instant friend in Eavyn, who you went to daycare in Harrison with just briefly last year. Your few months at the Harrison daycare were very hard for you, mostly, so you didn't really connect with any of the kids. But when you found out Eavyn, a familiar face was not only going to be in your class, but would be sitting at your table with you, you were relieved. The two of you have become fast friends, who probably giggle to much at your tables, and chat too much at the carpet, but you have got each other through the first few weeks of kindergarten.
You have now had two Show and Tells, where you took your carved bunny from Mr.Cross, a picture you made, and a summer phonebook of alllll the cool things you did this summer, and today you got to be the special helper for the first time. You were SO excited to get to circle all the letter N's in the morning message, to take the attendance down to the office and to be the line leader. You said that Eavyn had a very big snile when you chose her to go down to the office with her, and it made you feel good to make her feel good - and that makes your mommy feel proud of you.
Today you had your very first Terry Fox Run, and I am so lucky that I get to be at your school and to see you doing all these cool things, and to see you being happy when you're doing them. I was so lucky to see you getting to be the line leader leading your class down to the assembly, and to see you trying your hardest to warm up with the rest of the school by doing jumping jacks and hops and running on the spot, in a most uncoordinated fashion.
One of my favourite things about you is the way that you soak up information. You are such a good listener because you just want to know things...all of the things that you can. A couple weeks ago you woke up from a nap when I was watching (for the 4th time) The Terry Fox Story, and you were fascinated. So at the assembly, when you saw video clips of Terry Fox running, and talking, and doing interviews, I loved seeing you whisper to the person beside you, knowing that you were telling them everything you knew about Terry Fox.
Your Mommy is trying her VERY best not to come outside and check on you EVERY recess and every lunch, because as your Daddy has reminded me, that is not what is happening with all the other kids. Their moms and dads aren't checking on them CONSTANTLY and they are surviving and thriving, and so will you. So for now, I will peak from around the corner every now and then and hope I see you smiling, and will check in with your teacher from time to time to make sure you are being a good friend, and trying new things, and listening to your teachers and classmates when you should be.
It has been hard for your Mommy to let you go, when all I've every tried to do is hold you as close as I can. It was hard for me when you made a good friend the very first week of school, who invited you over to play on the weekend. You didn't want me to leave for about 1 minute, and I tried to be nothing but proud of you when you asked me to leave.
When I dropped you off at your nature class on Tuesday last week, you didn't want me to leave for about 1 minute. But when I showed up to pick you up, you telling at me infront of your classmates and their parents, 2-3 times, to "go home!" and then pushed me away "jokingly" with two hands so that you could have more space from me. I am such a mixture of bursting with pride because you are independent, and strong, and then I am a ball of mush because part of me wants you to never let go.
You are making friends, wanting space, and even lost your first tooth in the second week of school. Things are going to fast for me, and they are just the right pace for you.
love you darling girl, and wish you happy days, filled with learning, laughter, and good relationships. I hope you get to have adventures in all your moments away from Daddy, Riley, and me.



Comments
Post a Comment