Sweet Layla at 7 months old.
Darling girl, you are one of a kind. Once in a lifetime even. Everything about you is different than I could have imagined. My pregnancy was nothing short of painful, and 7 months later my body is still in recovery mode, every dang day. It was a different pregnancy than with your brother and sister, and darling girl, it was a heck of a different delivery.
Miss Layla, you arrived with a head FULL of hair, DARK hair, and dark skin...nothing like your brother and sister, and from that day forward, there has been no looking back.
Sweet bean, you are the most quiet, calm, and gentle baby, and I don't know how you ended up in our family, but I am sure glad you did!
When I was pregnant with you, I would put Riley to bed and we would read books with him sitting in my lap. After we were finished books, we would always since "Twinkle Twinkle" followed by "You are my Sunshine," and without fail, you would always begin to kick when it was song time. Daddy took you out for a few hours the other day, which doesn't happen that often darling, because you still won't take a bottle, and you began to fuss fairly quickly into your time out. Daddy said he knew that you were used to those two songs because as soon as he started to sing them to you, you calmed right down. So the whole time the two of you were out, he sang those two songs, back to back, over and over again.
Sweet baby, you are not the best sleeper we have had, just yet. You are a good napper, and a sound sleeper, but you don't go more than about 4 hours a time without eating, so sometimes I bring my phone to play on. My darling, you have ALWAYS been able to feel when I am not relaxed, or when I am preoccupied. It sounds crazy, it really does, but you feel it. You squirm around while I look at my phone and the second I put it down, you settle in. If I take a deep breath and relax my shoulders more than I thought I needed to, I relax, and you sink in even more. You slow me down, my darling, and you bring me back to what is important.
I am ready to be sleeping for longer than 3-4 hours at a time, I really, really am, but what I realized the other night while I nursed you at 1a.m. was that this is it. This is the last baby that I will nurse in the middle of the night. This is the last baby that I will nurse at all. THAT is a topic for another time, another teary, teary time.
Sweet love, you do more for your Mama than a baby ought to...you bring me back down, you calm me down, you make me proud, an you fill me with love. I feel like your job must be harder than mine.
Darling, you have just begun to be a snuggler, a sweet sweet hugger, and oh my goodness, you make me melt. You will play shy with your Daddy, and give him a sweet sweet look and then bury your face into my shoulder. And before we know it, you are making eyes at your Daddy again, only to bury your face again. It is a sweet game that you play, Miss Layla.
Layla, you have been saying "Dadadadada" for a month or so, maybe longer. We thought that it was an easy sound for you, but we are now beginning to think it may be your first word. When Mommy says to you, "where's Daddy?! you whip your around to find him so, so quickly, and again and again. Riley is sure that you said "Mama" in the car today, and I think he might be right.
Sweet girl, you are so quiet. You don't make much noise, in the way of talking, laughing, or crying. You are just quiet. Don't get me wrong, there are times when you are SO loud, at doing all of the above, but usually we consider you to be quiet. In the last week or so you have become a laugher, mostly with your brother and sister, and there is nothing sweeter. They said that there is nothing sweet than a baby's laugh, but I think they're wrong. There is nothing sweeter than your baby laughing at the hands of your other babies. Nothing.
You love it when your brother throws his bunny or blanket on you and when he throws his body down to make you laugh. Your sister likes to dance and when she somersaults infront of you, you laugh, the same way that you laugh when she plays peekaboo with you.
Darling girl, we are so lucky you are ours.
Miss Layla, you arrived with a head FULL of hair, DARK hair, and dark skin...nothing like your brother and sister, and from that day forward, there has been no looking back.
Sweet bean, you are the most quiet, calm, and gentle baby, and I don't know how you ended up in our family, but I am sure glad you did!
When I was pregnant with you, I would put Riley to bed and we would read books with him sitting in my lap. After we were finished books, we would always since "Twinkle Twinkle" followed by "You are my Sunshine," and without fail, you would always begin to kick when it was song time. Daddy took you out for a few hours the other day, which doesn't happen that often darling, because you still won't take a bottle, and you began to fuss fairly quickly into your time out. Daddy said he knew that you were used to those two songs because as soon as he started to sing them to you, you calmed right down. So the whole time the two of you were out, he sang those two songs, back to back, over and over again.
Sweet baby, you are not the best sleeper we have had, just yet. You are a good napper, and a sound sleeper, but you don't go more than about 4 hours a time without eating, so sometimes I bring my phone to play on. My darling, you have ALWAYS been able to feel when I am not relaxed, or when I am preoccupied. It sounds crazy, it really does, but you feel it. You squirm around while I look at my phone and the second I put it down, you settle in. If I take a deep breath and relax my shoulders more than I thought I needed to, I relax, and you sink in even more. You slow me down, my darling, and you bring me back to what is important.
I am ready to be sleeping for longer than 3-4 hours at a time, I really, really am, but what I realized the other night while I nursed you at 1a.m. was that this is it. This is the last baby that I will nurse in the middle of the night. This is the last baby that I will nurse at all. THAT is a topic for another time, another teary, teary time.
Sweet love, you do more for your Mama than a baby ought to...you bring me back down, you calm me down, you make me proud, an you fill me with love. I feel like your job must be harder than mine.
Darling, you have just begun to be a snuggler, a sweet sweet hugger, and oh my goodness, you make me melt. You will play shy with your Daddy, and give him a sweet sweet look and then bury your face into my shoulder. And before we know it, you are making eyes at your Daddy again, only to bury your face again. It is a sweet game that you play, Miss Layla.
Layla, you have been saying "Dadadadada" for a month or so, maybe longer. We thought that it was an easy sound for you, but we are now beginning to think it may be your first word. When Mommy says to you, "where's Daddy?! you whip your around to find him so, so quickly, and again and again. Riley is sure that you said "Mama" in the car today, and I think he might be right.
Sweet girl, you are so quiet. You don't make much noise, in the way of talking, laughing, or crying. You are just quiet. Don't get me wrong, there are times when you are SO loud, at doing all of the above, but usually we consider you to be quiet. In the last week or so you have become a laugher, mostly with your brother and sister, and there is nothing sweeter. They said that there is nothing sweet than a baby's laugh, but I think they're wrong. There is nothing sweeter than your baby laughing at the hands of your other babies. Nothing.
You love it when your brother throws his bunny or blanket on you and when he throws his body down to make you laugh. Your sister likes to dance and when she somersaults infront of you, you laugh, the same way that you laugh when she plays peekaboo with you.
Darling girl, we are so lucky you are ours.




Comments
Post a Comment